Friday, March 25, 2011

Road Trip Day 1- Driving to Mt. Shasta

    It was sad that I got a final for Introduction to Winery on Saturday afternoon, or my spring break would've started earlier. After my final, I got picked up by my buddy, Karan, who'd rented a Nissan car, and then we picked up Henry at his place. Tim actually backed out of this trip for his sister's wedding was on Wed. that week and was called to attend the reception. This was frustrating at the beginning and almost disrupted our trip. Next time, I am going think more about any worst-case scenarios.
      A picture of me and Karan in front of our car:
P3200007.JPG 


    We didn't go straight onto the highway- I5, and instead, we were looking for Costco to pick up some grocery for us to consume along the way. Yet, it was shut on Saturday, so we had no choice but to go to the Target nearby and get our stuff. At around 6, we finally were on the right way to Mt. Shasta, our first stop. We killed time by singing or playing word-guessing games, which I quite liked actually. Then, we were pulled over at a checkpoint, and were told to put on chains to the tires as it was snowing down the way and the road was covered with ice and slippery. We were requested gravely to go off the highway to get those chains. We did get those in the end, but they were $80.

P3200029.JPG

P3200031.JPG

P3200049.JPG

With some twists and turns, we got to our "dream inn" at 12:10 am. The house and nearby gas station were covered with snow.

P3200063.JPG

P3200052.JPG

P3200079.JPG

But inside the dream inn, it felt warm and fuzzy. No doubt I had a good night's sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment