Friday, March 25, 2011

Road Trip 3/19~3/25

    I still couldn't believe I made the most out of this spring break as I look back on those days on my road trip. I can remember well the many nights I talked with my buddy over the hot pool about my yearning to do something crazy that would stick with me for the rest of my life. Back then, many thoughts came to our mind, one being driving across the U.S. Yet, taking into account the practicalities, like budget and time, we agreed upon travelling only the West Coast, starting from California to Oregon, and then to Washington.  We then came up with several things essential to implement our plan and found people to be part of it. Tim and Henry were thus recruited and with them, we had a group of four. This, as it would turn out, helped us to split the cost of the whole trip and made it thus affordable for me!!


    We, as a planning committee, tried to meet up, but several times, we couldn't find the best time for meeting. As I recall, we were down to business only a week or two before the spring break when we gathered at my house and really worked out the itinerary of our trip. We should've had got this done a lot earlier, as we then were sorta burning candles at both ends. The other end was studying for the coming finals. Anyway, we managed to give each of us a job, such as renting a hostel room, renting a car, grocery shopping, etc. My job was to make hotel reservations for the first two night, and I did my job by find one for $58 and the other for $60. Divided by four, it would be fine.....
    In the end, everyone pulled his weight and everything was in place. And we were ready to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment