Saturday, September 11, 2010

A long walk to UCD campus

Sept. 11 2010- I woke up early this morning, probably at around 3.30, and then I couldn't fall asleep again. I became so conscious that my mind was wandering. So, I decided no to force myself to sleep, as my experience told me that the tension may rise as the fear of not being able to sleep begins to take root in the pit of my stomach, which would only make it harder to sleep.


At 5 o'clock, I went to the study lounge to check my facebook and update my blog. Then, I searched for information about buying a new phone at AT&T, as I haven't called back once and should get one as soon as possible. There are many kinds of cell phone plans, including individual plan, family plan, prepaid plan, and etc. Also, there are some nice cell phone deals and packages; the free package is really attractive to me, as I can get a free smartphone. Yet, it requires me to sign a two-year contract, so I'd rather not choose that package. In the end, with the help of a sales associate at a AT&T retail store, I felt like choosing a prepaid package. Maybe next week I'll buy "Nokia 2320 GoPhone® Package", which is the cheapest(and the ugliest?).
At 9:30, I went back to my townhome and waited for Taimour (my pakistani housemate) to be off to wander the campus . He said he wanted to come with me to UCD campus last night, so I had to wait until he get up. However, he didn't actually come along, as he was treated to lunch by his uncle. So, I walked myself all the way from North Davis to UCD campus, which is farther than I expected. However, I just took my time and enjoyed all the beautiful scenery in Davis.










On the way back, I took the unitran J line back to Chaparral Apt. I thought I would have pay one dollar(actually I should as I haven't got my student ID, and only those with undergrad student ID can take it for free), but the driver said I didn't have to as I am UCD student. I was happy about that!^^..
Later, I went shopping at Safeway, and spent around $29 on all the stuff shown in the picture below.


Finally, I opted not to cook but to eat frozen food as I was lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment