Sunday, May 8, 2011

Whole Earth Festival(5/8)

    The day before Whole Earth Festival, I met up with Mercy, who was my PAL(Partner in Acquiring Language) this spring quarter. She told me there was going to be Whole Earth Festival, and mentioned it featured hippie culture, sustainability, frugality, green products, etc. That day also, I'd noticed there was some preparation going on at UC Davis Quad area.



    This festival was " a huge, FREE, eco-friendly three-day music, dance, arts, crafts and education festival"(Davis Wiki). I wasn't so into it, so I just dropped by the last day of the festival. Ken and James were there with me, too. Yet, they left earlier while I stayed for a bit. It was an eye-opener for me. I got to see so many hippies, who wore sloppy clothes (or eco-friendly clothes), and a whole lot of artifacts, ceramics, artwork, such as pressed flower. I don't think there's any better way to know the hippie culture than being part of their event. Also, I enjoyed the sense of returning to nature and being simple and unpretentious.



Whole Earth Festival: http://wef.ucdavis.edu/

No comments:

Post a Comment