Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Meeting my PAL

    This morning, I woke up at 8.30, feeling a bit inert and sleepy. Taking a quick shower, I hopped on a bus to school, where I were to meet my PAL. I got there at around 9.30, which was when we were supposed to meet. Yet, she wasn't there, so I texted her and got her text back saying that she was returning a book and would see me soon. Therefore, I sat at a table at Co-Ho, waiting for her to turn up. Then, I saw a friend whom I used to have the same class with last quarter. He was having his burrito there. Seeing me sit there by myself, he came over to me and we had quite a bit chat before my PAL appeared.


    At around 9.40, I got a call from my PAL, and we found a table and talked over coffee. It was interesting that both of us got Chai Latte.

Something about her:

She is from Oakland, and lives close to the border between Oakland and Berkeley. Here in Davis, she lives in co-ops on campus. There are three buildings, each of which houses 13 or so people. From Monday to Tuesday, they would take turn cooking for others. Normally, one person who is good at cooking would be paired up with another person that isn't as good. So, they get to taste all kinds of food, such as Asian food, Mexican food, Italian food, etc. She double majors internatonal relations and Japanese. Also, she took Chinese for one year.

On a sidenote, she sorta asked me what I was up to this weekend. After knowing that I've got nothing to do, she suggested me coming to the Whole Earth Festival, which is gonna start from Friday to Sunday. She said it's gonna be a lot of fun. I guess I would check it out tomorrow then. From this we went on to talk about those hippies, long-haired guy, or tree hugger who tend to come to this kind of event.

No comments:

Post a Comment