Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Passion Experience

    This year, Easter Day falls on 24th April. The week before Easter is called "Passion Week" or "Holy Week."  Jesus was crucified on Friday that week and then resurrected 3 days after his death(which is Easter Sunday). I've been to a church in Davis for quite a while, and I was told to sign up for "The Passion Experience," an exhibit in the church. The exhibit shows what leads to the crucifixion of Jesus as from the perspective of various characters in the Bible, such as Judas, Chief Priests, Pilate, Peter, and the crowd). It took about an hour to finish the Passion Experience. Basically, I was guided by the narrated audio from MP3 player through 5 booths that feature events causing the death of Jesus. I lingered at each booth, picturing how Jesus went through all these sufferings and thinking about how I was like those biblical characters that either betrayed, disowned, tested, or crucified Jesus. The part that really got me crying is hearing Jesus being flogged and then picutring  Him nailed to the cross. This is the worst way a man can die. To me, "The Passion Experience" was really impactful since I got to know how Jesus has taken all our sins upon himself and how He has gone through all the physical pain and spritual as well.


    After "The Passion Experience," I did the "Devotional Time," reading the verses in the Bible and sharing personal takes on them. Then came the supper!!! It was a simple plate of rice with two pieces of pork and some shredded vegetables, but it tasted so delicious because I was starving. (During the DT, my stomach was actually making the rumbles.)
     After a bit of hanging out in the church, I went to a restaurant called the Grad, where I just sat there and watched a hockey game. It was nice to know all the rules of a hockey game and then start to appreciate it. I just watched the third period of the game, and I was happy that SJ Shark beat LA King since my friend was a fan of SJ and also I live relative close to the Bay area.
P4220001.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment