Sunday, August 15, 2010

Early Morning Walk


I came back to my hometown, Kinmen, last Thurseday with my sister. I should have gone home much earlier, yet I had a tutoring job that didn't end until August and still, I had already decided to pass the driving test in Taipei. By the end of July, I found someone to take over my job, and much to my delight, I passed the road test and got my driving licence. That was a close call, I have to say. If it were not for the tester, who was so nice and helpful, I would not have obtained my driving license and would have to spend another 15 days practicing driving and wait a whole morning for the test. I was in seventh heaven when I was told by the amiable tester that I passed. I was gratefull and sorta unbelieving at the moment. Anyway, every thing seemed to went as I expected, which I was really pleased about. And this roughly explains why I am in Kinmen now.

It was a scorcher in Kinmen. I couldn't help saying the word "hot" time and again throughout the day. Even in the shaded area or in the house, the temperature read 34 Celcius degree. What about the temperature outside? OMG! The heat ruffled my composure, and I felt like staying in a room with A/C on.
However, early morning and late evening is quite cool and comfy, for the sun hasn't got into full swing around the break of dawn and has went down the horizon at the end of day. So, I tended to get up early to enjoy this great moment. To tell the truth, I was awokened by the sun blaring in my eyes.
One morning(actually the day before yesterday), I rose with the bird. The sun has just risen, and the sky was bright. It was around 6.30 that I set out on a "photography journey" in the countryside. For some reasons, I was full of pep, maybe because of plenty of sleep I got.
At the outset, I stopped somewhere in my neighborhood. There were some free-range chickens raised by my neighbor. (Today, I was also awaken also by the crow of these rooster.) The chickens looked for bugs and seeds, and as I walked by, they were not a little bit scared, and instead, approached me slowly. It was I that became a little bit uneasy. Then, a dog(puppy) began to bark at me, which frightened me. I guess it was raised to guard the chickens. So, I didn't stop for long. I quickly took a picture of them and then continued my journey right away.

Later on, I walked along the country roads to a small village called Dongpu. There, my grandpa and my father plowed the farm and grew crops. My dad used to take me there and told me the days when he toiled with his father and brothers so as to earn money for the maintenance of the family. Life was hard back then. I really shouldn't take for granted how well I have it now. Also, having been scared by the ferocious dogs in Donpu, this walk became sorta unsettling as I was afraid they were still there. My heart fluttered with fear. They were there!!!!

My dread of them made me stop on my way to my grandpa's farm, and took another way toward Dongxiao so that I wouldn't have to confront them.





Walking through Dongxiao, I came to Hoxiuto, where there was a beautiful lake named Ronhu. I walked around the lake, felt the sense of enjoyment as I took in the unspoilt sceney in front of me. I had a lof of good memory here; I walked, jogged, fished, and picnicked here. This time, I started to appreciate how beautiful it was. I took the photograph because the next time I will be here again would be in a year. I didn't really walk around the whole lake, but half of it and then I wen back.
















No comments:

Post a Comment